Saturday 20 December 2014

dUMB and dUMBER TO

For some, this is a long and much overdue sequel to the 1994 cult-comedy classic. For myself I loved the first film, and anything Jim Carrey starred in during the nighties and despite my original lack of enthusiasm for remakes or long-awaited sequels, this I actually looked forward to.

For starters, I knew it wasn't going to be a great film, and I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the original, and although my hypothesis proved to be correct, it still is a laugh-out loud film, filled with goofy behaviour and ridiculous antics.

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are re-united, with the Farrelly brothers back at the helm, with the mix slapstick and lampoonery comedy, this film is definitely what it says on the box. The film starts-off rather slow and it takes both Carrey and Daniels a while to get back into the goofy, dim-witted theme, with the beginning of the film manifesting more as a sketch or stage show with it's unconvincing dialogue and exchanges.

The plot of the film is somewhat similar to the original, as Harry and Lloyd must travel across America in-search of Harry's long-lost daughter. The story includes foiled assassination ploys, the same old-tired gags and a sort-of love interest which doesn't materialise into anything.

Good fun, and worth a watch if you love this type of comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment